Do you remember when you first started dating?
You just couldn’t keep your hands off each other.
You looked forward to every kiss, hug, and touch because it felt electric.
That sexy connection was the glue that made you feel bonded and excited about being together.
Flash forward to today:
As your relationship progressed and “life got in the way,” there seems to be less time and effort devoted to that sexy part of your relationship. You find yourselves functioning more like co-parents, roommates, or friends, rather than romantic partners.
Where did the sexy go?
We all lead busy lives and have to juggle multiple schedules and responsibilities. Unfortunately, what tends to get pushed to the bottom of our to do lists are the very things that help preserve that sexy feeling.
Date nights, alone time without the kids, and intentionally making small romantic gestures for our partners fall the wayside.
Noticing the sexy is missing from your relationship is one thing, but talking about it can be very difficult and requires immense vulnerability. It’s missed by both of you, but neither knows how to go about getting the feeling back.
This week, we’re talking about:
- What made that sexy feeling go away
- Why it’s essential to bring the sexy back
- How to recreate a partnership where the sexy can thrive
- Practical tips to bring the sexy back and keep it around for good
We’ve also got a really fun bonus - How To Have A Sexy, Reminiscent Conversation on Date Night - to help you bring the sexy back into your relationship.
Short on time? Here’s a list of today’s topics and when to listen:
- Why is it important to bring the sexy back? - 2:53
- Why did the sexy go? - 5:30
- What are you doing differently? - 8:24
- Smallest unit of sexy - 10:58
- Practical tips - 12:54
- Reminiscing about the sexy - 13:01
- Making time for sexy - 15:26
- Finding your own sexy - 16:45
- Sexual roles in your relationship - 17:46
- Date nights - 20:21
- Act like teenagers - 22:17
- Meredith + Marina’s takeaways - 26:31