Who doesn’t love winning?
When we fight with our partners - a totally normal behavior that even the healthiest and strongest of couples engage in - is there a winner?
If you are the winner, does that mean your partner is the loser?
Is that how you want your partner feel? Are you really winning when your partner is left feeling like the loser?
In a relationship, there are only two scenarios - either you BOTH win or you BOTH lose!
This week we’re talking about how you can BOTH win a fight without having to agree or find a concrete solution. We debunk the myth that happy couples don’t fight and tell you what they actually do: fight right.
Happy couples follow a few simple rules during a fight and we’re sharing those with you in today’s episode.
Fight with your partner like they are someone you love
Don’t put the future of your relationship on the line during an argument
Don’t hit below the belt
Keep The Four Horsemen in check (Episode 004 - How to Get Divorced)
Focus on making meaningful and effective repairs
Be sure to download this week’s bonus - it’s a step-by-step guide to effectively repairing after a fight, including a research-proven strategy for making an impactful apology.
Short on time? Here’s a list of today’s topics and when to listen:
- Happy couples fight - 0:42
- Misconceptions - 1:05
- Reality - 2:02
- The don’t of fighting - 4:29
- What does repairing a fight look like? - 7:36
- Extending the olive branch - 7:45
- Moving to a better state of mind - 10:04
- Challenges with accepting the olive branch - 11:28
- Commitments to make with your partner - 11:50
- Repairing does not mean resolving - 13:38
- Reflecting on your flooded state - 16:45
- Marina + Meredith’s Takeaways - 20:02