What do you dream about?
When you find yourself drifting to that “happy” place, where is it? What does it look like?
What does it feel like when you’re there?
Have you ever shared that with your partner?
Our dreams are a core part of who we are. They are connected to our needs, wants, and desires. Yet, we rarely dream out loud and share this pertinent part of ourselves with our partners.
When we are able to share our dreams in the safety of our relationship, we feel supported, known, and connected. However, when our dreams aren’t understood or supported we can feel helpless, hopeless, and disconnected in our relationship. At times, we may not be clear on what our dreams are, which makes it even harder to share them with our partners. On this episode, we are discussing:
- Why our dreams are so important
- How it feels to have your partner support your goals and dreams
- How it feels when your dreams are not supported
- The best ways to support one another in sharing your dreams
- How to create shared goals and dreams
We’ve also made a great bonus for you - The Co-Creation of Dreams Mindmap - that guides you and your partner through co-creating shared dreams in a fun and creative way. Then, you can build on those dreams together to enhance your connection.
Short on time? Here’s a list of today’s topics and when to listen:
- Why sharing your dreams is so important - 2:09
- How it feels to have your partner support your goals and dreams - 4:59
- How it feels when your dreams are not being supported - 12:45
- The best ways to support one another and sharing your dreams - 16:44
- How to create shared goals and dreams - 26:05
- What do we have in common? - 29:30
- Turn your dreams into goals - 29:52
- Meredith and Marina’s Takeaways - 36:29